This is the time of year that we all stop to think about what we are thankful for. If you truly count your blessings, you’d be counting for days, at least I know I would be. Yesterday I was thinking about the biggest things I have to be thankful for right now, and this is what I’ve come up with:
1. A pregnancy that is progressing well and is healthy. Although the pregnancy started out with a chance of miscarriage and required frequent ultrasounds for the first 4 months, everything now looks good! We are expecting a baby girl!!
2. My supportive husband. This man has jumped straight into his new job and puts in long hours, without even once suggesting I need to go out and get a job. He even encourages me to be content to simply be a stay-at-home mom if I want, or apply for part-time positions if I want. Since we’ve agreed we both want to keep our kiddos out of daycare if at all possible, he trusts me to choose something that works best for our family and for me. That trust means so much to me.
3. A new church full of kind and caring people. God has really taken care of us, and when we stumbled on this church while looking for a house to rent, we weren’t prepared for people to welcome us in as quickly as they did.
4. My “new” house. This house is definitely not brand new, but it IS a brand new rental. It used to be a family home, but was bought and turned into a rental property this year by the new owner. This means I get to enjoy the well-built quality of a family-home, instead of the cheap construction of a built-for-renting house like we lived in before. I am in LOVE with this house–you can read more about that here and here.
5. My sweet toddler boy. Moving out of Kentucky, the state I have always lived in until now, was a difficult experience and is something I am still adjusting to. Having my little boy with me, keeping me busy, and sweetening my days with his presence, has been just what I needed to get through the hardest times.
What are you most thankful for this year?